A Tour of The New Mystery Manor
A Tour of The New Mystery Manor
Welcome iOS and Android Players! Here A Tour of The New Mystery Manor. This page will discuss all the things we see and getting started playing. I’ll include some tips to get you going.
When you enter your manor all your rooms will be locked and the yard surrounding the main manor house will be deserted. On this tour we will set things up and scroll around to become familiar with our new estate.
Click the link to jump to a section of the page.
You are greeted by Joshua, the new master of the manor and a white glove points you to your first quest. But before we rush off to complete room searches let’s set up our profile and learn about things.
Top Menu Bar
Let’s begin our tour with the top menu bar from left to right.
- Camera – is used to take screen shots. You will not always be able to access this camera so if you need to take a screen shot otherwise use your device’s screen shot capability.
- Disguise – This is where you get to pick what you will look like from the images provided.
- I sure wish they’d give us more options.
- Level – We all start at Level 1.
- Experience – The game starts us with 0 Experience and shows us that we need to gain 40 Experience to level up. The amount of Experience it takes to level up increases at every level.
- Code Name – This is a tiny bar under the Experience bar. Many of you will want to use the same Code Name you had in your old manor so your friends will be able to find you. At the beginning level you get to set it up once. However, then it will cost you 8 Diamonds to change it. At some level it may become free as it was in other games.
- Let’s set up our Code Name and Disguise now. Click on the bar with the name Detective in it.
- Energy – Energy Level starts at 60 to use and 60 as the maximum energy you can have at the time.
- As you use energy to perform tasks the first number of the 60/60 will decrease based on what you used.
- When you level up your Maximum Energy will increase by 10.
- Time Until Next Energy Increase – This is the small bar under the Energy bar. Since you are at the maximum energy the clock will just show lines.
- As soon as you deplete your energy the clock will start ticking down. In the beginning of the game it takes 5 minutes to gain 1 point of Energy. So, 12 an hour.
- You also gain Energy in other places as you play the game such as room searches and charging Collections.
- Coins – This is the M Symbol – Your Coins start at 10,000 and increase as you perform tasks. Can be gained by charging Collections and banishing Creatures.
- Version 2.9.12 – I have not currently found anything you can purchase with coins. I’m sure that will come in a later version.
- Diamonds – Your Diamonds start at 30. Everything costs Diamonds in this game.
- Version 2.9.12 – You earn 2 Diamonds every time you level up.
- Plus Sign + – The plus sign next to the Money and Diamonds bar will open the bank to purchase Diamonds or Money. The 50% in the upper left corner indicates there is currently a sale where you get 50% more of what you purchase.
- Settings – Let’s make sure we have these set up the way we like. The check mark indicates that option is turned on.
- Sound – These are little Clicks and Beeps that go on as you play the game. If you turn this on you will get a sound when your room search time is running out. This is on by default.
- Music – This is the stuff that gets annoying after awhile because it just goes on and on with the same tune. This is on by default. I keep this one turned off.
- Purchase Confirmation – This is turned off by default. The first thing I would do is turn this on. Otherwise if you tap somewhere in the game that requires a purchase with your diamonds or coins it will just purchase it!
- Help – This takes you to a help section. If you have questions about the games read the Help section. I have found that it works pretty good so far. In the upper right corner is a button to Contact Us. I opened a ticket using the Contact Us. It brings up a New Conversation screen where you can type your text and add a picture. I did this and hit the Send button. I received a response 2 days later that this would be fixed in a future release. There was a little 1 by my Settings window in the Menu bar. It seems this works like Text messaging.
- About – This gives technical information about the game.
- ID – This is your game ID. You will be asked for this if you contact GI via their website for help. Take a screen shot of this or write it down somewhere for your records. If for some reason your game won’t open they will ask you for this.
- Version – This is the current version you are playing.
Let’s look at the Manor Grounds. Use your ability to expand and shrink your screen as you view the area. Scroll around to see everything. I will do the Main Manor house and then go from upper left across and down. Tap on all the objects to show their names. As I get quest strings for each of these places I will put a page up so you can use them for hints and tricks.
- Main Manor House – the Main Manor House is in the center of your screen and contains 16 Rooms and 1 Match-Three Game in the bottom left corner.
- Information – The Dragon is too far away. It’ll be back soon, and you will be able to enchant it again. This is Dragon Rock. When the Diamond Dragon is available to purchase on the right the Message changes.
- Dragon Rock – No one knows what’s hidden there but it is up to you to find out.
- Mystical Arena – It may be quiet and still now, but one day it will be different… Reach new levels and keep an eye out for the quests!
- This is below Dragon Rock.
- Brig Wreckage – This ship must have been the terror of the seas. Reach Level 32, complete the Sorrow from the Past quest, and find out what future awaits it.
- Mysterious Island – This place will tell you a mystical story of love and separation… To learn it, reach level 34 and complete the An old friend quest.
- Crop Circles – Do you believe in aliens? As a true detective, you need to find evidence first. To do so, reach level 26 and complete the Golden Orb quest. This is below the Mysterious Island on the map and becomes the Flying Saucer when opened.
- Achievements Maze – to the right of your manor is the Achievements Maze. Tap the statue in the center to see the list of Achievements. There is more about it on the Achievements Page. It appears the rest of the Maze will do something else later in the game.
- Magical Gazebo – Sometimes, during holidays, this empty and dull gazebo changes completely…. So, this is where they will put our special event rooms.
- Card Table – This place has been abandoned for ages but the cards aren’t even dusty. Could they still be playing? Unravel this mystery at level 5.
- Welcome Sign – When you reach Level 4 the Welcome Sign comes to life and you will get a gift every 4 hours. Of course you must enter your manor and tap on it. I use an alarm to remind me since there is not enough Energy to stay in the game for more than 15 minutes at a time in the beginning. I have received Charms, Weapons, Tools and Keys. I noticed that after playing for 6 days I get more than 1 key or Horseshoe at a time. I received 4. This is most likely from going more often but could be related to how many days you’ve been playing.
- Guild Castle – It may be quiet and still now, but one day it will be different… Reach new levels and keep an eye out for quests.
I will continue to add information.