Back to School 2017
Back to School 2017
The Back to School 2017 Event has started just in time for us all to be busy with school. We need to get our kids off or ourselves to school so our personal schedules are packed full.
The Back to School 2017 event is only 14 days long and we need to charge collections 20 times each for the big reward from the event quest on the right side of our manor.
Here’s a play suggestion. You will have to banish some roamers and they take weapons. The weapons will drop from the rooms but they will drop more frequently while you have the quest to banish them. So, take a little time before you banish those roamers for the quest to earn some more weapons for extras. Those roamers give collection items for ones you will need to charge.
I did not complete the quest string in 2016 so my Back to School quests began where I left off in the 2016 Quest String. It looks like if you completed it last year or did not do it you just start at number 1.
Back to School 2017 Roamers
- Schoolboy Hansel – 3 Pencil Case
- Schoolgirl Gretel – 4 Box of Chalk
- Knowledge Leech – 2 Omniscient Trident and 30 Energy
- Princess Nonsense – 3 Omniscient Trident and 35 Energy
Back to School 2016 Quests
- A Time to Learn, a Time to Teach – Explore the Bunker in words mode.
- Consumer of Knowledge – Explore the rooms in Silhouettes mode to find a Brain-Twister. This item will be kept on completion of the quest.
- Goose Tales – Treat 5 Sweet-Tooth Swans to some Miracle Muffins that you can find in various rooms around the Manor.
- In Dire Need of Education – Explore the Fortune-Telling Room in Night mode.
- What Goes Up Must Come Down – Explore the Living Room in Zero Gravity Mode left behind by the UFO phenomena.
- Miss Travers Pops In – Explore rooms of the First Floor in various phenomena to find the Temporal Umbrella. Use, Mist, Idol, UFO, Wisp. The other ones don’t list it as being findable.
- Only Perfection Will Do
- Elegant Belt – Explore the Dressing Room in Silhouettes mode.
- Kerchief – Trade with Gypsy Women or Girls.
- First Impressions – Trade with Schoolboy Hansel and Schoolgirl Gretel 5 times each. Pen Cases and Boxes of Chalks can be found in the Manor rooms and Hansel and Gretel are on the First Floor.
- Where Are Your Manners?
- Inkwell – Bookworm Snatchins
- Red Ink – Strigoi’s Castle in Words Mode
- Essential Skills – Explore rooms under the Evil Eye Curse, left behind by the Mist phenomena, to find 2 Perfect Pens.
- Spotless – Explore Gingerbread House to find Blotting Paper.
- On Searching and Finding – Explore Living Room under Stone-Tongue Curse, left behind by Native Idol, to find the Exercise Workbook.
- A Medal for the Hausers – Assemble and charge the Perfect Penmanship collection to obtain the Medal for Penmanship
- On the Relative Cost of Good Manners
- English Tea – Hunting Room in Words mode
- Cookies with Milk – Banish Snatchin Cooks. Cookies with Milk will be kept so it’s not a Collection Item.
- It’s Chemistry Time – Search the Animatorium in Night mode to find the Reagents. This item will be kept so it is not a Collection item.
- Testing with Litmus – Defeat a few Destroyers to get some Litmus Paper. This item will be kept so it is not a Collection item.
- A Gallery of Fine Minds – Explore First Floor rooms in Silhouettes mode to find:
- Monumental Legacy – This one is a puzzle and not Collection items
- Pharos lighthouse – Library
- Tower of Pisa – Lab
- Roman Pool – Bathroom
- Queen of All Sciences
- Explore any room 10 times
- Banish any creature 10 times – You must do this in your own manor
- In All Likelihood – These items will be kept so it is not a Collection item.
- Two Dice – Night mode in the Crypt (Necromancer)
- The Royalty – Ice Citadel in Silhouettes Mode (Snow Queen)
- The Right Man for the Job – Explore rooms in Zodiac mode to find Orpheus’ Lyre.
- The Zen of Japanese Music – Explore the Japanese Garden, Sakura Room and Trade with Joe the Farmer to find the Flute, Drum and Samisen.
- Ready! His! Go! – Chase off Ear-Twisting and Thieving Snatching to get the Kettlebell and Dumbbells.
- PhysEd, English Style
- Baseball Kit – Trade with Schoolboy Hansel
- Skip-a-lot Rope – Trade with Schoolgirl Gretel
- It’s Bigger on the Inside – Assemble and Charge the Busy Timetable! Collection to get the Stuffed Briefcase. You can find the collection items by trading with Hansel and Gretel.
- Live and Learn – Explore the Library in Words mode 3 times.
- An Unexpected Illness
- Words in the Laboratory
- Silhouettes in the Laboratory
- Night in the Laboratory
- Old Memories Lie Deep – Explore the Sakura Room in Silhouettes mode to find the Theophrastus’ Historia Planetarum.
- Your Funny Little Brains – Banish the Professor’s Robots to find Newton’s Classical Mechanics.
- Mary Travers’ Definitive Test – Explore the Ice Hotel in Words mode to find Louis XIV’s Rules of Etiquette.
- The Fearless Friar – Banish Pumpkinhead bikers to get Mendel’s Treatise on Genetics.
- A Daring Burglary
- Words in the Library 3 times
- Night in the Library 3 times
- My Little Handbook – Assemble and charge the Knowledge is Power collection to get Miss Travers’s Conduit. You can find the items by trading with Hansel and Gretel.
- Fight, or Be Forever Ignorant
- Banish 7 Knowledge Leech
- Banish 7 Princess Nonsense
- An Invitation Forgotten – Explore Room 51 in Words mode 3 times.
- The Decisive Blow – Trade with Snatchin Partisan in the Yard to find the Cipher Message.
- Hark, Audiophiles!
- The 69 Snatchins Club in Silhouettes 3 times
- The 69 Snatchins Club at Night 3 times
- An Automaton’s Lament – Explore rooms in the Stone Tongue curse, comes after Native Idol, to find the Vinyl Records.
- Catching a Moment for all Eternity – Explore the Hunting Room in Silhouettes mode to find the Developed Negatives.
- Take One, and Action!
- Witch’s Curse in Bathroom 3 times – After Will-o’-the-Wisp
- Evil Eye in Bathroom 3 times – After Mist
- Zero Gravity Curse in Bathroom 3 times – After UFO
- Books vs Movies – Banish the Living Book found on the First Floor of the Manor to find the Vintage Film. The Living Book takes 5 Feather Dusters and 50 Strength.
- Knowledge Victory Day
- Find the Scrolls of Wisdom in the Japanese Garden
- Charge the Save our Science Collection to get the Quintessence of Knowledge
- To Whom the School Bell Rings
- Banish Schoolboy Hansel 10 times
- Banish Schoolgirl Gretel 10 times
- Flowers for Miss Travers – Explore rooms with various phenomena present to assemble and charge the Bouquet for a Teacher collection and get the First-of-September Bouquet. Do not banish the phenomena!
- Coy Lillies – Japanese Garden – UFO
- Hyacinths – Dressing Room – Native Idol
- Charming Flowers – Bedroom – UFO
- Snowdrops – Hall – Mist phenomenon
- Narcissuses – Hunting – Will-o-wisp
- Mary Travers, Goodbye! – Explore the Living Room in Zero Gravity Curse 3 times.
Live, Learn, Evolve
Charge each of the Event Collections 20 times each to complete the event and receive a Stylish School Briefcase. Inside you’ll find 10 Flame Throwers, 10 K-meson Emitters, 10 Sniper’s Rifle and 150 of each item required to enter any of the rooms in the Manor (Except the Mystical Living Room and Treasury).
Back to School Collections
You will find these collections under the Events tab in the collections (the gold cup) starting at number 97. I have a bunch of Knowledge is Power so I think they come from using Artifact 15.
- Only Perfection Will Do
- Bouquet for a Teacher
- Knowledge is Power
- Busy Timetable!
- Perfect Penmanship
Knowledge Must Prevail
Banish 50 each of the Knowledge Leech and Princess Nonsense and Charge the Save Our Science Collection 5 times to get a reward. The reward is a Chest of Science Hero which contains 20 Keys to the Headmaster’s Office, 45 Hunting Lyceum Keys, 10 Suns and Book Surprise that will mysteriously give you 5 items from your wish list.
So, before you accept this reward make sure you have some hard to find items on your wish list.