On the edge of the world, defended by the wise sphinxes, among endless dunes there stands an ancient structure that is both a temple and a tomb. It is the subject of many spine-chilling legends, and Anubis himself is said to sleep within it.
Anubis is the Greek name of a god associated with mummification and the afterlife in ancient Egyptian religion, usually depicted as a canine or a man with a canine head. Archeologists identified the sacred animal of Anubis as an Egyptian canid, that at the time was called the golden jackal, but recent genetic testing has caused the Egyptian animals to be reclassified as the African golden wolf.
Anubis’ Tomb has appeared with the September Harvest Moon of 2016. You will find Anubis’ Tomb in the dead center of your yard.
You must dig up Anubis’ Tomb just as you did many other Bosses. You can request the items from your friends or buy them with diamonds.
When Does Anubis’ Tomb Appear
What we know now that the Full Moon cycle is over is that Anubis’ Tomb is now locked in the Yard. If you are in the middle of the quest string I’m sure it will come back when the next Full Moon appears. If you have finished the quest string we will see if you get anything else other than the ability to search the tomb.
I just did some room searches, not a ton, and did not have any Krisses drop. If you get them from room searches please let me know.
I will keep this section updated when the next Full Moon happens.
The Return of Anubis’ Tomb
We saw with the first month of Anubis’ Tomb that there appeared to be 2 separate quest strings. I am going to go in and separate those quest strings now.
It does appear they just repeat. I still have the same number of Nile Keys I was trying to collect at the end of the last event.
Anubis’ Tomb Keys
- Nile Keys
- Scarab Seals
Anubis’ Tomb Roamers
These will be found roaming the Yard!
- Priestess of Sekhmet – 3 Kris and 30 Energy
- Priest of Hathor – 4 Kris and 60 Energy
Anubis’ Tomb Quests
Some of your quests may come in a different order based on when you complete them as after quest 4 you get 2 quests at a time.
String 1 – This one is currently repeating from the beginning every full moon, no matter where you are.
- A Fortune Teller’s Unease – Explore the Fortune-Telling Room to speak to Magda.
- The Rite
- Collect 10 Ogham Runes in rooms in Zodiac Mode – this is not a collection item so I don’t know where else you can find them if you have not reached Zodiac Mode yet.
- Explore Japanese Garden at Night for find a Wreath of Wildflowers. These can be purchased in Collection 494, Love Me Do.
- The Fairy’s Prophecy – Search rooms under the Witch’s Curse, which appears after banishing the Will-o’-the-Wisp phenomena to find the Magic Wand.
- Not a Moment to Spare
- Living Room in Silhouettes mode
- Hunting Room in Words mode
- More Than Mere Gold
- Find Sacred Ring by trading with Gypsies – it is only the Gypsy Woman that gives this.
- Find Scarab Seal by exploring rooms under the Curse of the Evil Eye which comes after the Mist phenomena.
- A Guide to Action – Find the Gold Tablet in the Pharaohs’ Treasure collection by exploring the Fortune-Telling Room with the Curse of the Blinding Light, which is left behind by the Night Vision Phenomenon. Do not Banish the Phenomenon.
- A Job for a Young Egyptologist – Charge the Champollion’s Grammar Collection to obtain the Clay Tablet.
- Lotus – Hotel
- Star – Strigoi’s Castle
- Water – Ice Castle
- Foot – Mist, any room
- Ibis – Bedroom at Night
This ends this quest string.
String 2 – This quest string will pick up where you left off the previous month.
- A Gentleman’s Embarrassment – Find Today’s Paper by leaving hints for your friends. Go pass out some tips!
- Defeat, Punish, and Enslave!
- Silhouettes Mode – Egyptian Axe – 30, Can get 20 charging the To My Valentine Collection (492)
- Night Mode – Kris – 15
- Aggressive Scouting
- Explore the Pyramid in Night Mode
- Explore the Pyramid in Words Mode
- Lesser Gods – Explore the Library in various modes to find the statues of the Egyptian gods. From the Egyptian Pantheon Collection
- Statue of Bastet – Silhouettes
- Statue of Sebek – Zero Gravity
- Statue of Maat – Words
- Like Cats and Dogs – Find the Statue of Anubis by exploring rooms with the Mist Phenomenon. Do not banish the Phenomenon.
- A Warning from the Past – Find the Symbols of Power by exploring rooms in Silhouettes mode.
- Round One – Banish 10 Priestess of Sekhmet. You will find Krises to banish them by searching rooms.
- The Lion’s Share – Explore the Hall in Zodiac mode to find the Fearless Lion in the Sacred Animals collections.
- The Clumsy River Giant – Explore the Hunting Room in Silhouettes mode to find the Fierce Hippopotamus in the Sacred Animals collection.
- Taking the Bull by Its Horns – Explore the Kitchen in Words mode to find the Mighty Bull from the Sacred Animals collection.
- A Falcon Swift and Peerless – Explore the Sakura Room with the Fog (Heavy Rain) phenomenon to find the Sharp-Eyed Falcon from the Sacred Animals Collections.
- Ask the Shaman – Explore the African Room in Words mode.
- Opening Invisible Doors – Collect Nile Keys, used to begin battle in Anubis’ Tomb, by exploring rooms in Zodiac mode. You will need 30.
- Opposition – Banish 10 Priest of Hathor.
- Poor Mbongo
- Find a Censer, this is a charger, in the Hunting Room in Evil Eye curse left behind by the Mist phenomenon.
- Explore African Room 3 times with the Native Idol phenomenon present.
- Will the Heron Help? – Find the Clever Heron in the Sacred Animals collection by exploring the Japanese Garden under the Witch’s curse left behind by the Will-o’-the-Wisp phenomenon.
- Topsy-Turvy – Charge the Sacred Animals Collection to obtain the Proud Baboon.
- The Old-Fashioned Way
- Unlock Anubis’ Tomb in the Yard by digging it up
- Defeat the Boss Anubis’
- A Knightly Investigation
- Explore Anubis’ Tomb in Silhouettes mode
- Explore Anubis’ Tomb in Night mode
- Deception Revealed – Explore the Hallway in Words mode
- The Stone Guardians
- Find the Balinese Sphinx in the Living Room in Silhouettes mode
- Find the Assyrian Sphinx in the Library in Silhouettes mode
- The Sun Sets on Antiquity
- Find the Greek Sphinx in the Fortune-Telling room in Night mode
- Find the Roman Sphinx in Room 51 in Night mode
- The Final Chord
- Find the Egyptian Sphinx in Anubis’ tomb in Silhouettes mode
- Charge Great Sphinx collection
Anubis’ Tomb Battle
You will need 30 Nile Keys to enter Battle in Anubis’ Tomb. You will need Scarab Seals keys to explore.
The battle lasts for 19 hours and takes 40,000 points. You get 80 hits.
Anubis’ Tomb Battle Weapons
Protection from the Golems
- All-Seeing Eye – 50 Damage, 30,000 Coins
- Gypsy Horseshoe – 100 Damage, 65,000 Coins
- Tibetan Knot – 150 Damage, 135,000 Coins
- Tarquinian Bulla – 200 Damage, 200,000 Coins
- Coptic Cross – 250 Damage, 350,000 Coins
Instruments of Crime
- Carved Cane – 300 Damage, 2 Diamonds
- Sharp Epee – 350 Damage, 4 Diamonds
- Threatening Riding Crop – 400 Damage, 6 Diamonds
- Steel Knife – 450 Damage, 8 Diamonds
- Brutal Brass Knuckles – 500 Damage, 10 Diamonds
Relics of Ancient Egypt
Relics of Ancient Egypt is the right side quest which goes with the Anubis’ Tomb quests. You will need to charge them 10 times each to receive the Egyptian Coffer which contains 50 Krises, 100 Scarab Seals and 2 of every weapon required to battle Anubis.
Anubis’ Tomb Collections
- Pharaohs’ Treasure
- Egyptian Pantheon
- Champollion’s Grammar
- Sacred Animals
- Secret of the Sphinxes
- Protection from Golems
- Instruments of Crime