Mars is found on the Space floor. It is of course the Red Planet. To get started you need to click on the Martian Astrolabe. Press the green “upgrade” button, and then click on the Martian Astrolabe again. The following screen will appear indicating players need to gather a number of drawings of the Mars Rover by performing Giovanni’s quest, “The Search for Stolen Items” (Quest 15 in quest string below).
Meanwhile, new quests have appeared on the left side of the screen. Begin solving the quests.
- Martian Shard
- Martian Bear – Salmon of Doubt
- Little Alien – Star puzzle – gives chargers for Mars collections
Martian Room Quests
- The Mystical Reflection – Explore the Bedroom to find the Mystic Mirror. The Mystic Mirror is part of the Craft of Seduction collection.
- Red and Covered with Suckers – Gather 50 Plungers by exploring the rooms of the Manor and explore the Bathroom to complete the quest. Previously collected plungers do not count towards this quest. If you send a plunger, it will deduct from your inventory that counts toward the quest. The plungers drop 2 at a time when they DO drop which is not every time you explore a room.
- Another Giovanni – Explore the Library to find a Martian.
- Persephone’s Prediction – Find 10 Martian Jerboas in the bedroom. These Jerboas drop 1 at a time and do NOT drop every time.
- My Kingdom for Living Water – Explore the Island in Night mode to find 2 Aquae Vitae. You will only find one at a time so expect to use a lot of your seashells exploring that island! The Aquae Vitae, part of the Fountain of Youth collection, is an item that can be put on your wishlist or traded back and forth with a friend.
- Martian Portal – Find the Martian Pyramid in the Fortune-Telling room.
- Kraken with a Human Face – Explore the Laboratory and take a picture of Mars before the professor wakes up. You do not actually have to take a picture of anything.
- Love on the Outer Limits – Explore the Flying Saucer Room to find the Mars Rover.
- Martian Circlet – Charge the Expedition to Mars collection to complete the quest.
- Misty Saucer – Explore the rooms of the Manor to find 5 Gauguin Hyperboloids and 5 Illuminati Lamps. You can also charge the Grand Mage collection to obtain the 5 Illuminati Lamps and charge the Mystery of the Depth collection to obtain the 5 Gauguin Hyperboloids.
- Martian Visitor – Find the Dust Brush by exploring the rooms of the Manor. I found the Dust Brush on my first try by exploring the Japanese Room.
- Earthling Features – Explore the Flying Saucer Room to find the space minerals in order to charge the Meteoroid collection. You will not find more than one of each item so do not prolong your search to try and find multiples (thanks for this tip, Commander Kinnison!).
- Looking at You as if in the Mirror – Explore the Bedroom to complete the task.
- Fluency in the Language – Find the Cognac for Elsa. Explore the Pirate Brig in Silhouette mode to complete the quest. I tried a different strategy and accepted Mystery Gifts until I got a Cognac to complete the quest.
- Looking for Stolen Items – This is the quest that allows us to start finding the drawings needed to help create the Martian Astrolabe. Remember, you will need to find 3 of each type of drawing.
- Lense Design Drawing: Can be found in rooms with no phenomenon, Mist phenomenon, or UFO phenomenon.
- Engine Design Drawing: Can be found in rooms with no phenomenon, Mist phenomenon, or UFO phenomenon.
- Transmission Design: Can be found in rooms with the UFO phenomenon.
- Welding Design: Can be found in rooms with the UFO phenomenon.
- Camera Design: Can be found in rooms with the Mist phenomenon.
- Antenna Design: Can be found in rooms with the Mist phenomenon.
- Solar Panel Design: Can be found by banishing the Destroyer.
- Battery Design: Can be found by banishing the Destroyer.
- Detail Design: Can be found by banishing the Tripod.
- Wheel Design: Can be found by banishing the Tripod.
- Hand-made Rover – (Thanks to Commander Kinnison for the info on this quest!) Click on the Martian Astrolabe and the requirements to construct the rover. Discover the locations of the parts that O’Olle requires. The information you need is in the storyline part of the quest.
- Solar Batteries – Kitchen (Solar Panel Arrays actually)
- Drill – Laboratory
- Laser – Room 51
- Camera – Musical Robots
- Wheels – Vacuum Robots
- Alien Obstruction – Explore the Laboratory to find the Cleaning Assistant.
- Rain of the Martian Food – Collect Martian food from the rooms of the Manor and charge the collection Food of the Red Planet.
- Martian vegetables – Martian Room
- Martian fruit – Flying Saucer Room
- Martian mushrooms – Japanese Garden
- Martian fish – Fortune Telling Room
- Martian spices – Living Room
- Dishes with a Blue Glow – Explore the Martian Room to search for the required items and charge the Martian Cuisine collection to complete the task.
- Juicy Cherry Berry – Try to find a Martian spoon, knife and fork, and chopsticks from the Japanese Garden and Sakura Room. Two of the items are found in the Japanese Garden and one in the Sakura Room.
- Snatchins Learn to Fence – Take the Martian servers and cake blades from the Snatchins. Snowdoll Snatchin has the Martian blades and the Thieving Snatchin has the Martian cake knife.
- Gossip in the Manor – Charge the Martian Dinks and Martian Flatware collections.
End of Quests
Martian Shards are required for exploration. You will need from 10 to 50 for each search depending on your level.
There are also 6 new collections which require the same charging items as the Lunar Astrolabe (Selene) collections do.
Remember to check the Collections Table for current collection numbers.