Lunar Astrolabe/Surface of Selene – The 19th Room
I don’t know about you, but I am fascinated with outer space and playing Mystery Manor may be the closest intergalactic experience I will ever have, lol!
Unravel the mystery to solve the secret of Selene’s settlers and finally learn what happened on this distant planet.
This room is sometimes referred to as the Moon or lunar surface.
WARNING: If you happen to have the “Mechanical Helpers” collection, DO NOT CHARGE IT YET!!! You are going to need lots of robots as you will see when you read further.
Selene is found on the left of the Space floor. When you click on this room, you will see the following screen entitled “Lunar Astrolabe”:
Now, click on the “Upgrade” button and a new screen will appear, “Drafts of Moonrover”:
You can complete quests to find the drafts or you can buy each one for 10 diamonds a piece and you need 5 of each. Be very careful not to accidentally hit the “Buy All” button which results in the purchase of all of the drawing/schemes for 500 diamonds!!! Note: This screen states that you will not be able to begin finding the drawings/schemes until you complete the quest “Intergalactic Council.” However, I did not find this to be accurate. I was not able to find any drawings/schemes until I reached the quest “Through Thorns to Stars.”
Selene Room Key
- Fragment of Selenoid
Selene Room Roamers
- Little Alien – Star Puzzle
- Martian Bear – Salmon of Doubt
Selene Room Quests
- Appearance Can be Deceiving – Explore the Laboratory to complete this quest.
- Unstable Trajectory – Explore the Japanese Garden and the African Room to complete the quest.
- Secrets and Conspiracies – This quest will require the exploration of Room 51 five (5) times. Hope you have lots of secret containers!
- Intergalactic Council – Explore the Flying Saucer three (3) times. This time I hope you have lots of gravitrons!
- In What Ear is it Buzzing – Banish 10 each of the television robots, musical robots, and vacuum robots! Oil cans have been a huge issue being very difficult to find when exploring rooms. Check your Collections to see what you Canmore charge to get them!
- Through Thorns to Stars – Click on the Lunar Astrolabe in your manor and now you can try to start finding the schemes and drawings of the “Drafts of Moonrover” mentioned above. The quest states that you will find the drawings/schemes by exploring rooms with the UFO Phenomenon and driving away robots and xenophages. Here is a list of where I have been finding these items so far. If anyone finds them differently, please let me know and I will update this information:
- Draft of Wheels: Explore a room with the UFO Phenomenon
- Scheme of Camera Connection: Explore a room with the UFO Phenomenon
- Scheme of Antenna: Vacuum Robot
- Drawing of Transmission: Vacuum Robot
- Scheme of Assembly: Television Robot
- Scheme of Optics: Television Robot
- Drawing of Engine: Musical Robot
- Scheme of Solar Battery: Musical Robot
- Drawing of Accumulator: Xenophage
- Drawing of Screwdriver: Xenophage
Note: Twice the Television Robot dropped two drawings at a time when using the Turtle of Luck Charm.
Once you have collected all the schemes and drawings, when you click on the Lunar Astrolabe, you will have the ability to click on an “Upgrade” button. Next, a little blurb will appear on the screen:
- Information Leakage – Banish the UFO using hyperboloids and chase Snatchin’ Agents to prevent leakage of information. Important Note: When they say banish the UFO, they are referring to the UFO phenomenon, not the UFO room. If you don’t see any Secret Agents around your manor when you get this quest, banish other creatures outside your manor until Secret Agent appears!
- Signs of Destiny – Bring Magda the runestones. You can find them in the rooms of the manor. The runestones will be taken from you when the quest is complete. You need to obtain 200 runestones and the runestones you already have do not count towards this quest. I did not explore the rooms of the manor to get my runestones. I needed a break from exploring rooms! Instead, I got 15 at a time from banishing the Old Gypsy Woman and occasionally got 10 from banishing the gypsy. Also, runestones can be obtained by visiting your friends’ manors. The quest also allows you to buy them for 1 diamond a piece if you so choose.
- Working According to Plan – Locate the Lunar Astrolabe on the map and follow the conditions of its creation. Explore rooms with the UFO phenomenon and drive away xenophages and robots to find the details of the Moonrover.What does this mean? Now, when you click on the Lunar Astrolabe, you will see the following screen:Here is a list of the items of “Details of Moonrover” and where to find them:
- Gravitational Tire: Exploring rooms which have the UFO phenomenon.
- Hight Frequency Transmitter: Xenophages
- Adaptive Analyzer: Vacuum Robots
- Seismic Sensor: Television Robots
- Automated Repair Kit: Mustical Robots
I found all my gravitational tires by using the strategy found in our note Summoning a Phenomenon to Complete a Quest. Make sure you read the last 2 paragraphs of that note — very important!
After you collect all of these parts, Quest 9 is now complete and when you click on the Lunar Astrolabe, an “Upgrade” button will now appear. Click on the upgrade button. A new quest should appear on the left side of your screen:
- Robots for Help – Locate on the map, the Lunar Astrolabe and follow the conditions of its creation. Collect robots from the collection “Mechanical Helpers” exploring the Laboratory. Now, when you click on the Lunar Astrolabe, you will see the following screen:OMG! 10 sets of robots??? You may already have some mechanical robots if along the way someone gifted a robot to you. Or you may have received a robot or two if you purchased a Chest of Scientist in the Shop. To find the mechanical robots, you have to explore the Laboratory and you have to be at Expert Level in that room before the mechanical robots start dropping. And, of course, you can put them on your wish list. Let me reiterate, do not charge the “Mechanical Helper” until you have all 10 of them. This is a difficult task. The robots rarely drop from the lab. I was fortunate to receive many robots from my friends. Finally, after much frustration and impatience, I bought the last 4 robots! And yes, the game takes the 10 sets of robots when this quest is completed.After you have obtained your 10 sets of robots, you will need to hit the “Upgrade” button. At this point, you can explore the surface of Selene. However, I haven’t done it yet. There are more quests to complete (listed below) and I believe there will be a quest to explore the surface of Selene and I am saving my selenoid fragments to do so.
- The Energy of the Ancient Stones – Find and bring Gauguin 30 runestones. You can get runestones by visiting friends and trading with gypsies or you can charge gypsy collections that have runestones as rewards.
- Failed Experiment – Find and bring Gauguin 30 batteries. You can get the batteries from visiting friends or charging collections which give batteries as rewards.
- Attempt Number 5 – Find and bring Gauguin 30 secret containers. You can get secret containers by visiting friends, occasionaly from banishing an alien, or by charging the “Secret Contraptions” collection.
- Lunar Energy – Chase the aliens to find 50 moonstones. The aliens include Little Green Man, Tripod, Octopus, Destroyer, and Xenophage.
- Dry Rations for the Journey – Gather and charge the Delicious Dinner collection. The items can be found in the Kitchen.
- With Everyone You Can Find a Common Language – Gather and charge the Dictionaries collection. You can find the collection items in the Library and you can also put them on your wishlist. If you already have all the items, just charge the collection and you are done.
- The ‘Antistress’ Program – Gather and charge the collection Drinks of the World. You can find the collection items in any room.
- Cigarettes Prolong Life – Gather and charge the collection Tobacco Mystery. You can find the collection items in the Hunting Room.
- Do Not Lose Face in the Dirt of Space – Gather and charge these 2 collections: Men’s Suit and Miss Elegance. You can find the collection items in the Dressing Room.
- Pragmatism of the Professor – Gather and charge the collection Man in Space. You can find the items in the Flying Saucer.
- How to Remain Unnoticed – Gather and charge the collection An Agent’s Personal Effects. You can find the items in Room 51.
- Flight to the Moon – Explore the room Selene using Fragments of selenoid.
- Lunar Problems – Charge the collection Xenotool of Locksmith to obtain the Hand Gas Burner. You can find these collection items by exploring the Selene room.
- Support Group – Explore the moon (Surface of Selene) to find henchmen. Charge the Master of All Trades collection.
- The Reason of Breakdown – Banish 15 Xenophages to “secure sewage of Selene.”
- Urgent Replacement Needed – Explore Surface of Selene to find items to charge the Xenoplumbing collection.
And this is the end, my friends. Personally, I think this is the hardest room to explore because everything is gray!
Fragments of Selenoid are required for exploration. You will need from 10 to 50 for each search depending on your level – refer to our note Novice to Expert: Mastering the Levels.
Selene Room Collections
- Xenotool of Locksmith – reward: 100 Batteries, Astronaut Breakfast, 300 Experience
- Master of All Trades – reward: 100 Pieces of Selenoid, Astronaut Lunch, 500 Experience
- Xenoplumbing – reward: 100 Gravitrons, Astronaut Lunch, 400 Experience
- Extraterrestrial Brigade – reward: 150 Pieces of Selenoid, Astronaut Lunch, 800 Experience
- Lunar Variations – reward: 150 Gravitrons, Astronaut Lunch, 600 Experience