Player Etiquette Tips: Keep Friends and Minimize Frenemies!
Leave a comment and let us know if you agree, disagree, or have other player etiquette tips that you would like to see added. We will amend this list as time goes on based upon players’ comments.
1. Collection items and charging items are not of equal value. Don’t send a friend a charger then demand a collection item in return.
2. In fact, don’t DEMAND anything! Politely ask or just keep quiet!
3. Offer to make a trade with another player instead of just asking for a collection item!
4. Don’t send a player a collection item and then demand a particular collection item afterwards. The polite thing is to agree which items will be traded before any items are sent.
5. Don’t type the “help me with my wishlist” message on players walls. Players of all levels need help. If you need help, ask for help but also offer to help others as well.
6. If you are not going to play Mystery Manor for a while because of the demands of real life, leave a message at the top of your wall and state when you may be back around. Players will therefore know that you have not just quit playing and therefore not delete you! Also, some players who aren’t sure if or when they will play again just remove all items from their wishlists instead of posting a personal message about heir status.
7. If you are going into a battle to enter a paid room, make sure you have weapons before you use keys to join and then don’t have any weapons to help contribute to winning the battle! (Boss Fight Etiquette page coming soon, by the way.) If you want to ensure that a player realizes you have tipped, woken helpers, or sent gifts, leave a quick note on the player’s wall, especially players with many friends.
8. Do not leave a note just because you returned a wall request. Leave a note if you actually visited the friend, helped them by tipping, waking friends, or sending the player something off of his/her wishlist!
9. Remember, players of ALL levels are restricted to gifting 10 collection items a day unless they are willing to spend 10 diamonds to reset the collection item gift counter. Just because a player may have a lot in inventory, he/she is still restricted by that gifting limit.
10. No player owes any other player ANYTHING unless it has been discussed, in which case, a player with integrity will honor his/her word. It is each player’s choice to give, trade, not give, etc., and each player’s decision whom to retain as a friend based upon game interaction.