The New Mystery Manor for Android and iOS Version 2.23.0
The New Mystery Manor for Android and iOS Version 2.23.0 was released Thursday, March 21st with a new Laboratory. They also changed the requirements needed to open the Lab.
There is also a Version 2.23.1 that has been released that says Stability Improvements. One of the players had an error in the new Laboratory Opening so I’m hoping this fixed it.
What GI Tells Us About Version 2.23.0
Detectives, introducing the major update!
• The room is updated! New interior and hidden objects.
• The global story continues! Help Professor Gauguin create a Robot to search for Mr. X’s secret room.
• New quests! More than 20 new quests connected to the Library.
• Professor Gauguin’s new appearance! You’re sure to like it.
THE FULL MOON, NEW CHAPTER:
• The story continues! Travel to new worlds and face a formidable opponent.
• Charge new collections and gain prizes.
• Complete quests and a new online scene.
• Finish the chapter in time and win the grand prize!
MATCH THREE MINI GAME:
• We upgraded the interface! It is now even more beautifully designed
• New tools were added as rewards for daily quests and guild events.
AND THAT’S NOT ALL:
• The daily quest button has shifted from the right to the bottom panel. It’s now much more convenient!
• Compass usage is improved. Thanks for your feedback!
• Controls are improved in Night mode. It’s easier to search for hidden objects!
• Multiple technical improvements, game stability is increased.
• Game stability improvements.
What We Know About Version 2.23.0
- The new Laboratory. This was not only a room redesign, the requirements to open the Laboratory have changed.
- I had not previously opened the window because I could not get enough items from searches. The window I received when I opened the game was titled Item Replacement: The Laboratory door is jammed and the Diamond Drill can’t fix it. We’ve replaced Diamond Drill parts with Diodes that will help you get inside. My swap was 79 Diodes for the 113 parts I had already collected.
- When I tapped on the Laboratory and said Get for the key I received a quest called Distress Signal. It tells me to collect the Television Robot, Play Match Three and banish the Darkness, Hoarfrost, and Poltergeist phenomena. Or I can buy Diodes for 2 Diamonds each. I had 79 out of 100 needed.
- At this point in Version 2.23.0 a player did not receive the Distress Signal quest but kept getting the Diving Boots quest which tells you to search the Laboratory in Anagram Mode to find the Diving Boots. She had not previously opened the Laboratory and submitted a ticket. I don’t know if Version 2.23.1 fixes that issue and of course it’s the weekend so GI support won’t respond until Monday.
- For the players that had the Laboratory open let me know what happened when you updated. Did you receive keys to search? Did your Mastery Stars go back to zero?
- I found the Diodes I needed to open the Lab fairly fast. The Match Three game dropped 5 each time and the Television Robot gave me 3. Not on every search or banish but fast enough that I was able to open the Lab and do a search.
- The Daily Quests window has been added to the bar along the the bottom menus and the Reward of the Day to collect from the chest isn now on a 4 hour cycle.
- The chests for your Rewards of the Week are supposed to start containing the new tools for the Match Three games but none of mine currently do. This would be the only way to get those tools as my new Underwater Treasures event is not giving any as a reward either.
- Also, when I opened my Daily Quest there were small recycle arrows next to some of the quests. I had these for 2 days but not the 3rd day. When you select the arrow you can watch a video to have it exchanged for a different quest. I did this on about 3 and it worked well. Since I don’t have the recycle arrow today I’m wondering if there’s a limit how many you can select a week.
- I have not searched in night mode to see if controls are improved but the Hoarfrost is horrible. I can not zoom in and swipe clean. Support told me 2 updates ago my opinion would be taken into,consideration but that’s their standard reply for issues.
- I have used the compass a few times and it’s function does not seem changed to be. It turns wildly and wobble around most of,the time it’s active.
- The layout of the Match Three game has changed. I did try to select the Rainbow Maul Tool on a game and use it on a bomb or Rainbow Lightning for a better effect but it will only work on the normal pieces.
Other News in Games and Website
- The Easter Event has started in the Original Mystery Manor for the iPad. It’s a repeat.
- I will keep the Super Sleuths pages up for as long as I can without paying the extra fees required for them. I appreciate all my players that continue to support this page. It helps pay the monthly expenses.
- Website views are down. I’m thinking it’s because not as many players are playing the Original Mystery Manor for the iPad and The New Mystery Manor for Android and iOS players do not need the website for reference on anything yet.
Many of us have had a crazy winter and lots of fires and flooding in our areas. I hope everyone is safe and wish for better weather to come. It is cold for us in San Diego also. We are usually on the beach and in the water by this time of year.