Evil Forces at GI Strike Again, Version 2.21.1
Evil Forces at GI Strike Again, Version 2.21.1
Version 2.21.1 Released February 25, 2019. DON’T DO IT!
The popup window when you open this version after update starts by saying, “Evil forces jinxed Match Tree tools….” GI is the Evil Force in this case and they’re taking more stuff away. Things many of you may have purchased diamonds to buy.
If you spend money in the game I feel like this is a complaint for Apple or Google Apps. When you buy items in the game with real cash money then it’s taken away you’re being ripped off.
Take a screen shot of the entry window that shows what you had in the Tool Switch window and keep it for your records. I have opened an issue with GI about this blatant theft of our tools!
What GI Tells us about Version 2.21.1
Detectives, the new version is here!
BIG MATCH THREE UPDATE:
- New tools instead of old ones! We’ve changed the animations and added awesome effects.
- Improved controls! Playing is as comfortable as ever.
- Increased stability! Fixed the crashes that were related to the Underwater Treasures event.
AT YOUR REQUEST:
- Fixed the issues with the Silhouettes mode in the Kitchen.
- Added the Contact Support button to the loading screen.
- Fixed the crash that happened when you switched between the bank and the collection window.
- Fixed the crash that happened because of incorrect animations.
What GI Stole From Us in Version 2.21.1
- They list this as “New Tools” in the Match Three Mini Games but really they just took all the old ones in our inventory away from us.
- The Tool Switch popup window says: Evil forces jinxed Match Three tools, rainbow lightnings and mines, making them unusable! We removed them from the game and gave you rainbow mauls instead.
- My tools worked. I used them just yesterday with no problems!
- The trade is actually the Hammer tool and it looks like they give you 50% in hammers what you had in rainbows and mines. I had 15 rainbows and 12 mines, so 27. I got 13 hammers.
- The trade should have been an equal number of each mine for torpedo and rainbow lightning for rainbow maul.
- That Hammer doesn’t look anything like a Rainbow Maul so I went to my inventory window. I see I now have 20 Hammers, 2 Torpedos (mine) and 2 Rainbow Maul (rainbow lightning).
- I played the game fairly and earned every one of those Rainbow Lightning and Mines I had in my inventory. I saved them for the really tough rounds I could only get through by using them.
- If I go to the Shop to see what the cost of them is it’s a huge difference. I basically received a trade of hammers worth about 75 diamonds for the Torpedos and Rainbow Mauls they removed worth about 600 diamonds.
- Do you buy diamonds in the game? If so, you just had your diamond purchases invalidated and you should seriously file a complaint with your App provider; Apple or Google.
- They have taken away many things from us in the game before. When they redesign a room they take away all your mastery stars and if a room that requires keys for entry and you purchased keys to search then you lost the money you paid for diamonds to buy those keys.
- The compensation in keys they give you every time they do this is minuscule compared to the cost of keys in the Shop.
What Else we know about Version 2.21.1
- New Controls? I don’t know what that means but their Facebook page says “friendlier controls”. The only thing I can think of is maybe they let us place the Torpedo where we want it to explode and we get to pick the color the Rainbow Maul destroys. I only have 2 of each now so I’m not going to waste them to find out.
- The Daily Goals still show the Rainbow Lightning as a reward for completing something. Again, I submitted a ticket. What will I get when I collect this reward?
- The Underwater Treasures Event has been missing for 2 weekends so perhaps now it will return. It is not there at this time so you’re not missing anything if you wait to update.
- The Contact Support button is in the lower left corner on the loading screen. This will help if your game crashed when you try to enter to play.
I haven’t been playing this game much. I like being able to complete quests and that’s the one thing that is impossible to do. I am unable to open rooms and don’t have keys for the rooms I have open. I won’t buy diamonds because they keep taking things away in the game.
I did the competitions under the horn on the right to see how they worked but doing them, much like doing the Guild Events, is mostly just searching the same room repeatedly. I don’t want to spend days just searching one room. It doesn’t help with my quests that pile up on the left at all.
There are other options for games out there. Many of you are still playing the Original Mystery Manor which can be fun, especially if you haven’t finished all the quest strings or are in a great, active Guild.
I’ve been playing Seeker’s Notes. I enjoy it because I can complete the quests.