Version 2.13.0 Are We Going Backwards?
Version 2.13.0 Are We Going Backwards?
I just updated The New Mystery Manor for Android and iOS to Version 2.13.0. There I am starting things over again! This time it’s the Dressing Room! All progress to 5 stars and the ability to find all 5 items in a Collections is gone!
I considered closing my game and deleting it after I looked through this update. When are they going to give us valuable game options.
What GI tells us about Version 2.13.0
Great change is coming to the Mystery Manor. Behold the large-scale update!
- The story of the Manor continues! Meet the inhabitants of the Library and the Fortune-Telling Room, linguist Joanna and Magda the fortune-teller. Learn more about their whereabouts on the day of the Event and how it relates to Madam X…
- 50 new quests! Help characters, look for collectibles and get rewards.
- Updated modes and phenomena! Some of the phenomena disappeared from the Manor, however, new, even more extraordinary ones took their place. Now you can explore the room in one of the modes while a phenomenon is in it!
- Improved Dressing Room! It has new items for searching, plus the room and items in it became more appealing.
- Cryptex and Infrared Goggles were updated! Due to the nature of the new modes and phenomena, the operation of these tools has also changed, so be careful.
- Improved windows! You will love how the Shop, Inventory, and Collections windows now look.
- Characters on the map have indicators! Now when you have enough items for interaction with a character, the corner on his icon will become green. Enjoy the comfort!
In App Purchases Listed in the App Store:
Some of these items might be offered in the right side sale boxes but I took a screen shot of what’s offered in the bank.
- Bunch of Diamonds — $ 4.99
- Big Level Up Pack — $ 2.99
- Sprinkling of Diamonds — $ 1.99
- Heap of Diamonds — $19.99
- Stack of Diamonds — $ 9.99
- Room Keys 2 — $ 6.99
- Little Chests Pack — $ 9.99
- Tool Pack 2 — $ 6.99
- Chests Pack — $ 0.99
- Adventurer’s chest — $ 0.99
What We Know about Version 2.13.0
- Sorry but NO Friends! No Custom Guilds!
- I had 4 new quests to begin with.
- All of the old Phenomenon have disappeared and been replaced with new phenomena. I’d make a page but they’ll probably change them next month so I’ll list what I know here!
- Darkness Phenomenon
- Poltergeist Phenomenon – This makes a streak across the screen which distorts your image.
- Hoarfrost Phenomenon – this is from the dictionary; a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.
- Upside Down Phenomenon – the actual room is upside down. One way of dealing with the search on this room is to lock your screen so you can turn your device upside down and search it that way.
- I LOVE the way they call the Dressing Room Improved! This is their word for taking the room and making it over again, making you start at zero stars so now the items you were earning at 5 stars will take you forever to work up to again making it harder to complete collections.
- They gave a pitiful reward for taking this all away. 2 Sandwiches, which will get you 200 Energy or 6 searches. Some charms which we’ve found to be ineffective. Some tools for searching.
- Cryptex now says it unscrambles 5 items. I think it just unscrambled all of them before but I never used it so I’m not sure.
- Infrared Goggles say the last for 30 seconds which is what I thought they said before. I used them once though and swear my room wasn’t lit for 30 seconds.
- Improved windows!
- Shop and Inventory are now bigger and you don’t have to tap to see the explanation.
- Could they make this any worse. Not only are the Collection Numbers gone the names of the Collection items can only be seen if you tap on each item.
- There are checkboxes along the bottom for Ready, Quests and Not Ready! I can see clearly that the Ready and Not Ready boxes don’t work correctly. The Quest box will give you the list of collections you currently have quests to find.
- I don’t know if new collections were added because there is no number to show how many there are.
Now for What they Didn’t Tell Us About in Version 2.13.0
- The items in the Bedroom are slightly bigger, maybe more so depending on which device you are playing on.
- There is a new Mode called Anagram Mode. Apparently my education is seriously lacking because the words are upside down and that’s clearly not an Anagram!
- Your Robot Technician Achievement was updated so you should have gotten credit for previous banishes.
- Zodiac Mode left Mystery Manor! I got a reward for this. I had gotten to the part in the Mystical Zodiac Quest on the right where I collected all the items but had not collected the reward. Another player who hadn’t filled the Mystical Zodiac didn’t get this reward. I hope I don’t have to collect these items when they decide to bring Zodiac back to our Manors. I imagine if you had zodiac quests they are gone. My quest to collect the reward is gone. The reward on the left is from someone further along in Zodiac Quests.
- They put all rooms in Words Mode and they changed the display of the mode in the corner of the room. My quest that previous asked for an old phenomena now asks for Darkness phenomena.
- They changed the graphic for the room entry and made your name all bright and show up in the rankings list. I’m sure they’ll take my 5 Kitchen Stars away in another update!
- It looks like the percentage of a chance to find items in a room search has decreased but I could be wrong. I haven’t paid close attention to them lately.
Other Game Changes Not Related to Update
- This change happened yesterday but GI has found a new way to censor what we write in the Guild chat. Now, instead of telling us it’s inappropriate they have replaced our letters with ***. Here are some examples. I’ll make the part of what they consider bad in red so you can see it clearly. Some of these I just don’t get.
- Saturday — Sa****ay
- Can Use — C*****e
- Contest — Con****
- But the — *****he
- Lots of — l*****f
- I requested a list of the rewards for each chest in the Guild Events so we knew what we were working toward since the chests do not display correctly and you can’t scroll to even see what the next level goals are. But they turned me down with a statement that these rewards can change at any moment! Does this mean that what I think I’m working for today could be different by time the event ends?
Super Sleuths Memberships
When your annual membership for the Super Sleuths comes up for renewal you will need to go into this Super Sleuths page and select to go on a monthly membership if you want to stay. I’m sorry, I cannot in good conscience take an annual membership if I’m going to quit playing the game.