Mastery Star Progress Revamped
Mastery Star Progress Revamped
Since The New Mystery Manor for Android and iOS update to version 2.12.0 we have all noticed some huge changes in our Mastery Star Progress. I’ve been chatting with Support at GI and will share what I know.
So this is how my morning starts. I get a cup of coffee and open my iPad. I read all my messages and all the comments from overnight. I’m in southern California so I’m one of the last awake people and I see things like updates later than you do. Then I try to pile up all my questions and screen shots and send them to GI before they go home for the day. It’s like a mad rush for me to not have to wait for the next day. Many times I send a list of questions and remarks before I go to bed so they start their day with them and can answer them for me to read when I wake up!
Unfortunately my regular GI contact is on vacation for 3 weeks. Horrible timing I know. However, I have asked and received answers to many of the questions and problems players are reporting.
Mastery Star Changes
- Suddenly after the update we notice that rooms we have filled our 5th Mastery Star in are now down in the low percentage of the 4th Star.
- When we search a room we have a 0% increase in our Mastery Star Progress.
- When you go to the rooms that required keys suddenly you are at 3 Mastery Stars and need to use 30 keys to search instead of the 10 or 20 you previously needed.
- I personally did 19 searches in the Living Room this morning and my Mastery Star percentage in the 5th Star only increased a total of 3%.
- The points you are receiving after a search are only a fraction of what you were receiving prior to the update. While this all seemed inconsequential because there is no reward for your ranking shown in the list it is extremely important.
What GI tells us about the Mastery Star Changes
- This is being sold to us as a benefit because we are supposed to be able to earn our way faster to the next mastery star.
- It only took 2 searches to complete 1 star and a few searches to complete 2. My progress in the 3rd star varied between 9% and 11% for each search.
- Those points you have been earning are how your Mastery Star increases now. It is no longer based on the number of searches. I don’t have the exact numbers to tell you how this works but it stinks!
- The possible points you could earn were decreased dramatically.
- GI took all the points you’d earned so far in the game and adjusted your Mastery Star to what it would be in the new calculations. Yes, they went back to the beginning of your game.
- Since the first and second star took less points to complete that increased your stars in the rooms you have to pay for so that now you need more keys.
- I have requested a compensation of 100 keys per room for them increasing the number of keys we need. There are only 6 rooms in the Manor that don’t require keys.
- This is the explanation from Support on the increase.
- You may get less than 1% in this case rating will not be immediately increased but points still will be recorded. As soon as you accumulated the amount of points sufficient to raise the Mastery % will be increased.
- I told GI if they were going to increase Mastery Stars based on those points that big window that shows our score needs to show how many points are needed to reach the next star. If it’s accumulated points we need to see this. It’s a waste just to give us a huge window that says we earned this many points and our new Mastery Star amount is what percentage. He has forwarded this suggestion to developers.
- GI says it’s not very clear right now how these points work and they will add it to the FAQs. I quite clearly told him this was some crazy statistics calculations and the players would be very unhappy. I was ready to say I QUIT! I’ve heard of some fool ideas but this one takes the cake.
Issues with Bedrooms Not Starting at Zero Mastery Star
I know GI Support has told many players that there were no problems found with the Mastery Stars when the Bedroom opened after Version 2.12.0 when everyone should have had Zero. I personally was at 4 and I took a screen shot. After I sent that screen shot this morning I had their attention. I also sent screen shots of some of the website comments regarding this and told them many players had this issue.
This information will be forwarded to developers. Not only did the players that had 4 stars waste energy I suspect they also weren’t earning points to the next Mastery Star.
The first Guild Event to search the Bedroom over the weekend was a confusing mess. Many players had searches not count. Then the rewards did not show properly and guilds did not receive a reward. GI is working on a solution to that and say they have all the numbers to provide the proper reward when they get it fixed.
Regardless of the issues they started a new Guild Event to search the Dressing Room right away. This one was only 2 days. Our guild complete 84 searches, nothing like the effort we put into the Bedroom searches. We received the proper window to collect our reward this morning and they were all combined. It was possible to tap on each of those chests and get a Claim Reward Button endlessly. I see we gained the Guild Points but am not sure about the other prizes because when I went to my inventory windows there were no numbers to indicate an increase in items. Next time I will check those numbers ahead of collecting a reward. The Event window became blank after I went to the Chat window and returned.
- 65 Guild points – 25 for 40 searches, 40 for 80 searches
- Firecracker – 40 searches
- Hammer – 40 searches
- Bomb – 80 searches
- 2 pointers – 80 searches
If your Guild did 150 searches you would receive an additional:
- 100 Guild Points
- 5 Diamonds
- Cup of Coffee
- Pop gun
Thank you everyone for all your patience. I collect all questions and gather answers for as much as I can. There are many posts with questions and answers about the changes in the game. Please read through those posts and their comments to help you find answers.