Da Vinci Manuscripts, Ocularis Spiritus, and Zodiac Mode
Your eyes may have only just adjusted to searching rooms in night and comparison mode but after you reach level 20 you will start getting quests that will introduce a new mode and it will take a bit of getting use to!
The Zodiac mode is slightly different to the other modes as it requires you to find completely different items in the rooms-the symbols of the Zodiac. Do you know what your zodiac symbol looks like?
To get the Zodiac symbols to appear in the room you are searching, you are required to look through a special device called an Ocularis Spiritus and the quests start off by getting you to assemble one.
Zodiac Mode Quests
- Entrance to the manor – Explore the Hall to complete the quest
- A Mysterious Premonition
- Find or buy 5 Illuminati Lamps and 5 Flashlights- the items will be taken when the quest is complete (I easily found these searching rooms)
- Explore the Hall at night
- Legendary Cup
- Find 5 Incense Burners -these items will be taken when the quest is complete
- Find 5 Ouija Boards -these items will be taken when the quest is complete
- Completing the Ritual- Search rooms to find 100 Runestones- these items will be taken when the quest is complete
- The Legend of the Guardian- Assemble and charge the Knight collection. You can find the items by banishing the Mist and Native Idol Phenomena or by banishing Bookworm, Grubby and Thieving Snatchins (The collection is actually called ‘Hero’s Amor’)
- The Knight’s Steed
- Trade the Golden Knight (found in quest above) with the Gypsy Elder to find the Horse
- Find 30 Golden Horseshoes-these items will be taken when the quest is complete (can be found by searching rooms but this is quite slow)
- Meeting the Guardian- Explore the Hallway
- Friend and Assistant- Explore the Fortune Telling Room
The Da Vinci Manuscript
After completing Quest 8, you will find the following screen in the Events section to the right of the screen. If you have many events in progress, you may have to scroll down to find it. In the screen capture below, you can see in the bottom right corner, a blue box with a “Z” in it. When you click on the it, the Da Vinci Manuscript screen pops up:
The following quests tell us how to acquire the Da Vinci Manuscripts, Quests 9-16 all appear at the same time.
You can buy all of the manuscript for diamonds, it just depends how many spare diamonds you have and how quickly you want to finish the quests! The manuscripts that require you to search rooms can take A LOT of searches to find them so always make sure you have a turtle running to increase your chances.
- The Lost Artifact- The first of the seven manuscipts will most likely be found in the Hall.
- Page from the Manuscript- This manuscript can be found by exploring with the Will-o-the-Wisp Phenomenon or by banishing it (this might be a good one to pay diamonds for!)
- How Do You Polish Crystal?- You can find this manuscript by trading with the Old Gypsy. You will do a lot of trading! If you need more Gold Horseshoes to trade with the Old Gypsy, change the Hand of Midas artifact collection.
- Search in the Moonlight- Explore the Library at Night to find the manuscript
- Snatching Have Snatched the Manuscript- Catch the Thieving Snatchins to find the manuscript
- Gone with the Wind- Find the manuscript by helping friends. This was the easiest to find. I found it by waking helpers on the second visit to a friend.
- The Final Fragment- Explore the Fortune Telling room in Silhouettes Mode to find the manuscript
- Assembly Manual
- Find the Book of White Magic in the Library (or add to wishlist)
- Find all the Da Vinci manuscripts-you will need to press ‘Get Reward’ on the event screen (pictured above)
After Completing Quest 16, the events tab on the right side changes to the following screen and quests 17-22 all appear at the same time.
You will need 12 of each of these objects and items previously in your inventory DO count! Ask friends for the items; I don’t see any reason to spend the diamonds here if you just have a little patience. There is a quest to obtain 1 of each item. For the quests, items in your inventory prior to the quests appearing DO NOT count:
- Honey from Tibetan Bees- You can find this in the Fortune Telling room at Night or just ask a friend.
- A Piece of Rock Crystal- Look for Dufunya the Gypsy on the map around the manor and trade with him for the Rock Crystal. You will need to trade the Herd of Horses which comes from charging the Fussy Horses collection. Instead, you can just ask a friend.
- A Special Tree from the Dead Garden- Explore rooms with the Mist Phenomenon to find the Ebony Tree. Just ask a friend!!!
- Dwarving Digging Tool- Find the Dwarven Cutter by helping your friends (leaving hints or waking helpers). Or just ask a friend.
- A Special Diamond Cutter- The Cutting Diamond can be found in the hall – ask a friend!
- Ocularis Spiritus- Once you have collected 12 of each item per the Mystical Zodiac screen capture above, go back to the Zodiac Events tab and click the “Get Reward” button. This quest will then be completed.
Time to start searching in Zodiac Mode!
Once you have completed Quest 22, the Zodiac events tab on the right side disappears and you can now start to have some fun with the Zodiac Mode. The rest of the quests now ask you to find the items from the Zodiac collections by searching rooms that have the Zodiac Mode-well at least that is how we had to do these quests when the mode was first introduced a few years ago! As this mode has now been around for a while it means that if you have lots of friends in the game you should be able to get all the items gifted to you by putting them on your wishlist.
If you do want to search rooms in the Zodiac Mode and find the items yourself then first of all you will need to get a room IN Zodiac Mode. You should be able to do this by searching the same room a few times until it appears. This is what it looks like when a room has Zodiac Mode:
ENTERING a room in Zodiac Mode is another matter! You need 50 Shatter of a Zodiac to enter each room and there are several ways you can get them. Occasionally you can get the shatters when you search rooms but the best way to find them is by using a turtle of luck charm and trading with Gypsies. The best Gypsy to trade with is the man as he gives you the horses which can then then charge the collection to give you more silver horseshoes. If you get really desperate there is a Chest of Zodiac in the store which will provide 150 Shatters of Zodiac but that is 50 diamonds!
TIPS FOR EXPLORING A ROOM IN ZODIAC MODE:
- Only 3 rooms can be in Zodiac Mode at any time and it only comes to the first floor. If a phenomenon enters a room in Zodiac, you lose the Zodiac Mode if you banish the phenomenon or explore the room. You can use this in your strategy for getting a phenomenon to go into a specific room.
- The time to explore a room in Zodiac is very short — 2 minutes. Therefore, use a Time Freeze, Golden Snail, or Silver Snail (these are all tools) immediately when beginning to explore a room in Zodiac Mode.
- The Ocularis Spiritus (the round thingie through which you can see the Zodiac symbols when exploring a room) can be enlarged using a Gold or Silver Flashlight (these are tools).
- Make sure you have Compasses (also tools) on hand before you go into a room so you don’t get desperate when you are running out of time and spend diamonds on them while you are in the room.
- If you are super, super desperate, use a Bomb!!!
- Tools can be obtained several ways: as mystery gifts, by charging collections, and lastly, by purchasing them.
- My personal strategy while exploring a room in Zodiac Mode is to search the room in a systematic way, like searching a grid rather than wildly looking back and forth.
You should now have all the information you need to explore a room in Zodiac Mode so let’s get back to the quests because there are still loads to get through! Don’t forget-if you want to save your Zodiac shatters then you can put all of these items on your wishlist and get them from friends.
- Age of Aquarius- Explore any room in Zodiac Mode to find the Aquarius Jug
- Stone of Happiness- Explore any room in Zodiac Mode to find the Turquoise, Stone of Happiness
- Storm Planet- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Uranium
- The Oldest Metal- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Tin
- Sweet Violet Aroma- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Violet
- Aquarius Constellation- Assemble and charge the Aquarius collection to complete the quest
- Fine Quality Fleece- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Golden Fleece
- Stone of the World- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Amethyst
- Warrior Patron- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Mars
- The Secret of Steel- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Steel
- Herbal Medicine- Explore any room in Zodiac to find the Cornflower
- Aries Sign- Assemble and charge the Aries collection to complete the quest
- A Shell from the Bottom of the Sea- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Shell
- A Glowing Emerald- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Emerald
- The Most Distant Planet- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Neptune
- Good Luck Medallion- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Pisces
- White Jasmine Flower- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Jasmine
- Pisces: The Third Zodiac Sign- Charge the Pisces Collection to complete the quest
- Who Did Hide the Bull in the Wardrobe?- Explore the Bedroom in Zodiac Mode to find the Bullhead
- Train Necessary Traits- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Agate
- Goddess of Beauty- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Venus
- Benedict Needs Copper- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Copper
- Authoress and Lily of the Valley- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Lily of the Valley
- Morning in the Kitchen- Collect and charge the “Star Taurus” collection to complete the quest
- Theatrical Mask- Explore the Dressing Room in Zodiac mode to find the Mask
- Quartz for Glass Cutter- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Quartz
- Planet of Traders- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Mercury
- Silver Shine of Amalgam- Explore the Hunting Room in Zodiac mode to find the Amalgam
- Sleeping Pills for Animal- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Poppy
- Unpleasant Experience in Shower- Collect and charge the “Symbol of Gemini” collection
- Caramel Heart- The Heart can be found in the Kitchen or Bedroom in Zodiac mode
- Pearl as a Gift- Pearls can be found in the Fortune Telling Room, Bathroom, or Dressing Room in Zodiac mode
- Foundations of Astronomy- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Moon
- Strategic Raw Material- Explore the Hunting Room in Zodiac mode to find the Silver
- Royal Flower- Explore any room in the manor in Zodiac Mode to find the Lily
- Evening in the Hunting Room- Charge the “Constellation of Cancer” collection to complete the quest.
- Eagle Stood in Silence- Explore the Library in Zodiac mode to find the Star Eagle
- Sad Peony Waiting- Explore the Bedroom in Zodiac mode to find the Flaring Peony
- One Shall See the Truth- Explore the Fortune Telling room in Zodiac mode to find the Mystical Sun
- Whose Mind is Fast Asleep- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Celestial Gold
- Lights Amber Anger- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Amber Tear
- From the Fire Comes Leo- Charge the “Constellation of Leo” collection to complete the quest
- The Oldest Motive- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Sapphire
- Hunting the Unicorns- Explore the Hall in Zodiac mode to find the Unicorn
- Pluto’s Companion- Explore the Bathroom in Zodiac mode to find Porsepine
- Poisonous Dainties- Explore the Kitchen in Zodiac mode to find the Flask of Mercury (not to be confused with the Mercury!)
- Through Hardship to the Aster- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Aster
- The Strange Redemption- Charge the Constellation of Virgo collection to complete the quest
- Comet from the Past- Explore the Library in Zodiac mode to find Chiron
- An Opaque Reference- Explore the Hunting Room in Zodiac mode to find the Green Jasper
- The Past Seems to be a Dream- Explore the Hall in Zodiac mode to find the Bronze
- Mystical Rose- Explore the Fortune Telling Room in Zodiac mode to find the Mystical Rose
- The Elusive Flavor- Explore the Japanese Garden in Zodiac mode to find the Lost Book
- The Illusion of Balance- Charge the Constellation of Libra collection
- Cold Iron- Explore the Hunting Room in Zodiac mode to find the Cold Iron
- They Called Him Architect- Explore the Living Room in Zodiac mode to find Seal of Pluto
- Flower In Long Memory- Explore the Bedroom in Zodiac mode to find the Magic Carnation
- Secret Signs- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Phantom Pyramid
- Gloomy Divination- Explore the African Room in Zodiac mode to find Malachite
- It’s Time To Bite The Lie- Charge the Constellation of Scorpio Collection.
- Keeper of Eternity- Explore the Fortune Telling Room in Zodiac mode to find Eternal Lotus
- Temporal Display- Explore the Library in Zodiac mode to find Platinum-12C
- Fire Will Pave the Way- Explore the Kitchen in Zodiac mode to find the Salamander
- Story Doesn’t Add Up- Explore the Hunting Room in Zodiac mode to find the Seal of Jupiter
- Scarlet Trace of the Battle- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Carbuncle
- Swift and Accurate- Collect and charge the Constellation of Sagittarius collection
- Diamond Steps Lead Away to Heaven- Explore any room in Zodiac mode to find the Steps to Heaven
- The Path of Patience and Strength- Explore the Dressing Room in Zodiac mode to find the Stubborn Ivy
- Young Heart in Chest of Old- Explore the Bathroom in Zodiac mode to find the Seal of Saturn
- Whispering of Lead Secret- Explore the Fortune Telling Room in Zodiac Mode to find the Lead Burden
- Chords of the Lunar Rest- Explore the African Room in Zodiac Mode to find the Moonstone
- Bonfire of Memory Burns Again- Charge the Constellation of Capricorn Collection so that the Spirit of the Knight can find himself again
This is The End of the Zodiac quests! Finally!!!